1/14/2010

When in España, shopping calls.

I am lucky enough to be spending 8 months in Spain (on a year abroad) and apart from experiencing a new and rich culture and improving my Spanish, I could hardly ignore the fact that I would be surrounded by a plethora of exciting new shops that don't exist in London!

Some of the new shopping delights I have discovered consist of a few local markets, which are great to rummage around in on a Sunday afternoon(I bought a lovely vintage-patterned scarf for a mere €2 in a market here!) Of course, there is also a dazzling array of high-street stores, such as Blanco (which has become my personal favourite), Sfera, Stradivarius, Bershka and the well-known fashion giant Zara (which is better in choice and price over here!)

The sales are also on at the moment, so I jumped at the chance to pick up some nice pieces for my wardrobe (which is currently just a fraction of my one back in the UK..dratted suitcase weight restrictions!)

Here are a couple of things I picked up recently:


I bought the black boyfriend blazer in Stradivarius for €20 and it's very lightweight and comfortable. Perfect to throw over pretty much anything - a real wardrobe staple.

The studded skirt is from Blanco in the sale reduced half price to €16.50! I'd seen an identical skirt in Topshop a few months back which was around £65 - seen on both Alexa Chung and Mischa Barton. I was thrilled to find this gem - the only one in my size and half price..what's not to love?!

Finally, I bought these cuff shoes in Sfera. As soon as I tried them on, I loved them. The heel height is perfect (enough to make an impact, but not too high that they make me ridiculously tall!) and they're super soft and comfy! I'm a sucker for peep-toes really! I can see these getting a LOT of wear!


Anyway that's all for now! Hopefully I won't get too tempted by the 75% off signs going up in all the stores near me!!

je-suis-style
xox

0 comments :

Post a Comment